Admitted Students Portal
Welcome to KU Law!
Congratulations on your admission to the Class of 2020! On this site, you'll find many ways to connect with the KU Law community and navigate the start of your legal career at Green Hall.
REGISTER for the Entering Student Program by completing the brief registration form.
VIEW the Fall Entering Student Program schedule (PDF).
COMPLETE the First Day Assignment for Fall Starter Lawyering Skills class:
- Read "Your Lawyering Class" by Suzanne Rowe
- Go to http://www.uscourts.gov/about-federal-courts and read the information contained in the sections below. Please also watch the short video on state and federal courts at https://www.fjc.gov/node/1616326.
- Federal Courts and the Public
- Court Role and Structure
- Comparing Federal and State Courts
- About the U.S. Courts of Appeal
- Read Chapters 1 and 2 of your textbook, "Legal Writing and Analysis," by Linda Edwards. Textbooks are available at the KU Bookstore, or you may purchase the book from another vendor using the following information:
"Legal Writing & Analysis" (2015, 4th Edition)
VISIT Green Hall. It's easy to schedule a tour anytime.
IMMERSE YOURSELF in the KU Law experience by reading the KU Law Blog.
CONNECT with us by joining the Class of 2020 Facebook group. We strongly encourage you to join as we will be posting events, reminders and other important information. It’s also a great way to connect with your future classmates.
CONTACT a Student Ambassador to get a student's perspective on life at KU Law.
FIND HOUSING. Locating housing in Lawrence is typically very easy. First, we host a Roommate Finder where you can post and respond to roommate requests. Second, we have posted links to apartment finding websites.
LEARN about life at KU Law and Lawrence by reading last year's Admitted Students Guide.